Yesterday I discovered I had a few albums that had been ripped as a single track. I prefer having individual tracks and usually head on over to cuesheet heaven to look for the appropriate file that allows me to split them up with the awesome Medieval Cue Splitter. However I had a few tracks that had I could not find the appropriate cuesheet file for. I find myself in this situation fairly regularly and have also noticed that these albums usually have an entry at discogs.com, which has all the details including track lengths.
This got me thinking that it would be awesome to be able to create cue files from discogs.com. So I created the following – a bookmarklet to do just that.
Disclaimer: it is pretty rough and I cannot guarantee that it will work with all discogs.com entries and there is hardly any error checking. I have only used this in Firefox so I cannot guarantee it will work in any other browser. It only pops up a dialogue with the cuesheet contents on it but that was adequate for me to copy and paste it into a text file and tweak it so that it was a valid cuesheet.
The important thing is that it gathers the track names and artists and works out the index times. It also attempts to cope with double cds and also single tracks that are two different records playing at once (common with DJ mixes). Here is the bookmarklet (drag it into your bookmarks tookbar), followed by the code itself:
Drag this to your bookmark toolbar: Create Cue
The code itself:
I hope this helps some people, as it has me. Feel free to improve on it but if you make any changes, please let me know so that I can improve my version too.
Edit: Well it was not long until discogs changed their layout. I have update the code to reflect this. All should be well again.
Edit2: Bjørn Tore pointed out the titles were not being picked up. I have fixed this.